Sun Basket Recipe- Italian Sausages with Warm Cauliflower Kale Salad
Posted By: UFC GYM Team
Posted On: Sep 14, 2017
Italian sausages with warm cauliflower-kale salad and artichoke romesco
Sun Basket gives classic Spanish romesco an Italian twist with artichokes, and served it with Italian sausage to make a hearty paleo and gluten-free meal.
- 4 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each) (contain pork and spices)
- 6 ounces button mushrooms
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 bunch kale (about ½ pound)
- Sun Basket artichoke romesco (artichoke hearts - roasted almonds - olive oil - sherry vinegar - arugula - fresh garlic - sweet smoked paprika)
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
1. Prep and cook the sausages and mushrooms
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork.
- Cut the mushrooms in half lengthwise; cut any large halves into quarters.
While the sausages and mushrooms cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
2. Prep the remaining ingredients
- Remove the stems, ribs, and seeds from the bell peppers; coarsely chop the peppers.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, discarding any leaves or thick stalks. Cut the florets into corn-kernel-sized pieces.
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Measure out 2 tablespoons artichoke romesco; set aside the rest for garnish.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Divide into two equal portions, one for the cauliflower-kale salad and one for garnish.
3. Cook the cauliflower-kale salad
In the same pan used for the sausages and mushrooms, warm the residual oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Stir in the bell peppers and as many chile flakes as you like and cook until the peppers start to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower starts to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the kale, 2 tablespoons artichoke romesco, and half the parsley and cook until the kale is wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the cauliflower-kale salad to individual plates and top with the sausages and mushrooms. Garnish with the remaining artichoke romesco and parsley and serve.
Get The Kids Involved!
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems.
- Measure out the artichoke romesco.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems.
- Serve the meal.
- Help clean up.