UFC GYM Athlete Highlight: Ashley Flores
Many of you know Ashley Flores as the fitness beauty filling your Instagram feed with daily motivation and workout tips through her platform, @ashleyfloresfit. But there is so much more to this girl than what meets the eye. Ashley is kind, driven, accepting, and a fighter. She sees a challenge and she takes it, making her the perfect athlete to represent UFC GYM. We sat down with Ashley to discuss where she's at in her career, important lessons she's learned, and of course, her favorite fitness & food items! Check out the Q&A below, fall in love with Ashley like we have, and then go give her a follow on Instagram! We promise you wont regret it.
1. One thing we all know about you is that you love to workout. Tell us a little about how you got started in this industry.
- My brother actually, and he doesn’t even know it. He struggled and still does with anxiety and depression. I unfortunately do as well, but discovered the gym helped me get a hold of things.
- The feeling of a community, the energetic vibe and how passionate all the trainers are.
- LEGS FOR SURE! I'll have thunder thighs for life.
4. What do you keep in your gym bag at all times?
- My 1UP Nutrition BCAAs, ankle straps, lifting straps, belt, hand sanitizer, extra underwear, 3 pairs of headphones (can never have enough), gum, wallet, lifting chalk and some candy.
5. What did you dream of becoming as a child?
- I was a dreamer for sure. I wanted to be an NFL agent, an actress, a real estate agent, all sorts of things. I never imagined social media turning into my career, but now I love it so much.
6. Who is your number one fitness inspiration?
- Dwayne Johnson or Ronda Rousey.
7. What is your biggest fear?
- A tie between being kidnapped & not reaching my full potential.
8. What is one piece of advice you would give to your followers?
- Never lose who you are when trying to chase a dream.
9. What is the best advice you’ve been given?
- This is a hard one because there are a few memorable pieces of advice. Probably that with every setback comes a killer comeback.
10. What is the most important lesson you’ve learned throughout your career in fitness so far?
- Being yourself and sharing your raw story is what makes you relatable & influential.
11. Is there anything you wished you would have done differently in your career?
- Not take the cyber bullies (trolls) so serious. People who take the time out of their day to be mean to someone they don’t know is a character flaw within themselves as well as a cry for help. You aren’t the victim, they are. They are unhappy with themselves and taking it out on you.
12. What’s the funniest thing that has happened to you recently?
- I may or may not have thought Hawaii was underneath Florida for the past 23 years.
13. What is your favorite place you’ve traveled?
- Bali, Indonesia or Florence, Italy. I can’t pick between the 2.
14. You can pick one place to travel to tomorrow. Where would it be?
- This is so hard because I want to travel to so many places. If I had to pick somewhere new, it would probably be South Africa.
15. Who is on the guest list for your ideal dinner party?
- AHHH! I can’t list everyone. I’m the type of person who can’t leave anyone out.
16. What are 3 things you cannot live without?
- My pup Zona, my family, and my snacks.
17. Any guilty pleasures?
- Peanut butter, kettle corn popcorn, frozen yogurt, & sweet potato fries.
18. What food items do you always keep on hand in the kitchen?
- Egg whites, peanut butter, apples, frozen waffles and popcorn.
19. What is something people would be surprised to find out about you?
- I’m legally blind in my left eye and I eat like a 500 pound man.
20. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
- Being 23 years old, financial independent, and living my dream.